Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone;
my computer fan has an annoying sound, I tried to switch it off but i couldn't because it annoys everyone at home during sleeping(at night) because as you know it's very quite at night and the sound will be twice louder than day time, so i have to turn my comuter off.
So is there any solution for this?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I assume you mean CPU cooler fan. Is it an air sound or a mechanical sound, as if it is scraping against something? Check your fan speeds, it may be about to die or it might just need some oiling. DO NOT attempt to oil your fan without replying to this first with further information.

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
what's the system ? CPU coolers can be replaced. If it's just a normal "loud" fan, you can liv with it if you don't want to buy an new one. But if the fan is failing you need to buy another because if the fan fails completely you could completely ruin your CPU.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no ther's no fail or something like that. i just want to reduce the sound level to minimum if possible. what do you mean 'what's my system'.If you mean system specs: winxp HE P4, 512 Ram, 3.06GH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.