Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought this Gelid Wing 12 and it came with a fan controller. I'm new to system building and i had installed a Cooler Master 2000rpm case fan that was way to loud. I found this fan on for 11 bucks + a fan controller!

Anyways i tried to install the fan controller to the molex adapter from the psu and absolutly nothing happend. I am assuming its because there are only 2 leads on the molex adapter and the third is required for the fan controller. This leads me to my next question, am i restricted to plugging the controller into my board, and is it safe to have 3 fans all 2000+ rpm running off of my mobo at one time.

Thanks.:grin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One last nobbie question before bed :grin:.

Ive noticed a very subtle rythmic "wom wom wom womwomwom wom wom wom" sound coming from the case. Not a rubbing sound but clean running fans sound as if they are wobbling (they are not). It could be my ocd, but its there for sure. I did a google search and possibly 4 fans all at different speeds could cause this phenomenon?

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
What orientation are the fans? Side mounted fans can cause turbulence and reduce the efficiency of the front and rear fans.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Top fan Directly over the CPU blowing down, Rear adjacent to CPU exhaust, Front bottom of case in front of Hdd bay, Side panel half way up blowing on video card.

Top fan plugged into mobo, Rear exhaust/side panel dirrectly into PSU, front not 100% sure but looks to be PSU.

The reason i added the side was because even tho the wire management is superb they front fan just doesn't have a lot of breathing room to feed the video card.

Edit: heading to work, case if needed. Case.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok at work now, on the way over i thought of the problem, one fan blowing down on cpu and one sucking from the side, mix those 2 with a face down stock phenom II fan blowing air down and out the sides of the heat sink and you get what i think would be a Cluster $&*#.

Possible fix: Take the fan blowing down on the cpu (top case fan) and move it one space down towards the front of the case so the air flow is still there but not all 3 within a 6 inch square.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm I've been working on it this evening, I equaled out the flow how you suggested and i still have this sound. The most annoying part is i cant isolate it either. Its very subtle and i wouldn't mind it, but my OCD is saying "what if you have a bad PSU thats fluctuating current to a fan, or something else far fetched.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just did, and i thought i found he culprit on the front of the case. Replaced the Zalman with a Coolermaster and same thing. Wondering if its just the vibrations resonating that im hearing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.