Tech Support banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy :)

Went to take a look at my CPU fan/case fans, but they don't all appear to be there - I am using AI Suite 3. I ran the fan checker. It shows CPU fan location but no other info, but chassis 3 and 4 are correct. Chassis fan 1 and 2 are N/A / Unknown.

The thing is, I have 5 case fans (3 via my Castle 360 RGB V2) / 1 at the rear / 1 at the front.

All 5 are spinning.

How can I get all of them to show via software? And have my CPU fan show speed (or is it going to run at max RPM?)

Warm regards

·
Registered
BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative com
227 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are any of the fans plugged in via the PSU? If the fans are getting power via a Molex or SATA power from the PSU and not plugged into a designated fan power connection on the motherboard, they won't show in the software. If you are using a designated fan controller like this for instance: Amazon.com: NZXT Sentry 3 5.4-Inch Touch Screen Fan Controller Cooling (AC-SEN-3-B1): Computers & Accessories
Hiya, I will check when I am in. The cooler was fitted by a shop, so unsure how they connected it all up - all I know is they appeared before. If they aren't connected via the motherboard, will the operate at max RPM or will they adjust on their own?

Thanks

·
Registered
BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative com
227 Posts
You are welcome.
From all of my experience and research on this subject, the answer seems to be yes. Of course, there are millions of iterations of fans and mobos out there so that blanket statement could be wrong on occasion.
I feel confident that yes, they will run at full speed if not plugged into the mobo and configured by software or a 3rd party fan controller.

One of the reasons people buy fan controllers is they want to slow them down a bit for lowering sound decibels because they run at full speed all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts