Tech Support banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys Im new to the forum and first I want to thanks in advance whoever helps me with this. I just recently built a new rig

AsRock PG Velocita B550
Ryzen 7 3700x
Cougar Aqua 240
Gskill trident neo 16 gbs 2x8 (3600)***
Evga RTX 3070 xc3 ultra
Psu: cougar bxm 850
M.2 ssd Sk Bubx 500gb
Hdd seagate barracuda 2tb
Case cougar blazer.

So I'm playing my games and doing my stuff. And I started hearing this little faint beep sounds like a (beep boop) real fast and really faint. I started to freak out because the setup has been built for only 1 week. I tried explaining to some other people via FB but to no avail. The computer works perfectly I play CP2077 no issue at 1440p. No issue whatsoever with the computer but the beep. The intervals are ranging from 1 once every 15 to 20 seconds. Read somewhere that it is possible that Dram not giving it all ( I'm new to pc in general btw) this is where the second issue comes, my rams supposedly goes up to 3600mhz but for some reason they stay at 2133mhz even though I changed the profile to XMP, here is where I think I learned something. I gave up on trying to up the freq of the rams to 3600. I tweaked and touched the same option several times and set the profile to XMP and all but nothing. When learning about the dram failure I reverted the frequency that appears on the bios settings back to 2133. Open CP2077 to test and the faint beep noise was nowhere to be heard, decided that the computer on "stock" it's running ok and that the beep disappeared. Shut down pc and that last last bit.. I heard it again as the pc turned off.

Uploaded a little clip trying to catch the beep you will definitely hear it hear on second 5 to 6 please turn up the volume please .

I actually do not know if it's the gpu the mother b or the psu like. I actually do not know and my ocd is not letting me focus on life because of the beeping sound. Please help with the ram and this :(

Yeah I messed up 1 fan but it's ok xd

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,299 Posts
Research "Coil Whine". It's usually the Video card. Most just put up with it.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,299 Posts
Might be a component compatibility issue i.e. MOBO doesn't support GPU or even fans not properly seated in MOBO. Sometimes just pulling the CMOS battery, putting it back in and rebooting does the job.

Reactions: ItsLolo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be a component compatibility issue i.e. MOBO doesn't support GPU or even fans not properly seated in MOBO. Sometimes just pulling the CMOS battery, putting it back in and rebooting does the job.
Will try cmos

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,680 Posts
With the RAM XMP settings..... generally a voltage increase is needed. DL CPU-z and see what the SPD tab shows for the 3600 OC and set accordingly. Do you have Precision X1 installed? It's EVGA's OC/fan setup software. If not the GPU fans wont turn on until the GPU hit's a certain temp limit. On my EVGA RTX 2070SC it's 50°C. I have Precision X1 installed and set the fan curve to auto....so my fans are set to run at 40% at startup and as temps increase during game play the fans speed up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for your time please allow me to update my experience. Before going to sleep stressed at 8am looking to see what was the cause of the faint beep, I read somewhere on another forum to change the rams from a1b1 to a1b1 so I did. I believe I had the XMP profile on i truly believe but I don't remember because I was so stressed and sleepy. Then with the ram slot changed and XMP ON rams were still 2133mhz. went back to bios disabled the profile reboot and noticed no sound no faint beep and called it a day. Today went in again and changed the profile to XMP once again now rams appears on cpuz and task manager performance as 3600 and I feel very happy. But I don't know what changed honestly. But the beep I still hear it. Not as constant as it was yesterday but only heard it twice. Cyberpunk running a little bit more smoothly locked vsync 60 fps now no dips (I was experiencing dips from 60 to 55 and 50 back to 60) the thing is I don't know if the sound is going to continue manifesting and if something else is wrong. Let me make clear that the pc is working flawlessly and now rams are at 3600mhz but I heard the beep twice in the last 2 hours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the RAM XMP settings..... generally a voltage increase is needed. DL CPU-z and see what the SPD tab shows for the 3600 OC and set accordingly. Do you have Precision X1 installed? It's EVGA's OC/fan setup software. If not the GPU fans wont turn on until the GPU hit's a certain temp limit. On my EVGA RTX 2070SC it's 50°C. I have Precision X1 installed and set the fan curve to auto....so my fans are set to run at 40% at startup and as temps increase during game play the fans speed up.
Thank you so much for your time please allow me to update my experience. Before going to sleep stressed at 8am looking to see what was the cause of the faint beep, I read somewhere on another forum to change the rams from a1b1 to a2b2 so I did. I believe I had the XMP profile on i truly believe but I don't remember because I was so stressed and sleepy. Then with the ram slot changed and XMP ON rams were still 2133mhz. went back to bios disabled the profile reboot and noticed no sound no faint beep and called it a day. Today went in again and changed the profile to XMP once again now rams appears on cpuz and task manager performance as 3600 and I feel very happy. But I don't know what changed honestly. But the beep I still hear it. Not as constant as it was yesterday but only heard it twice. Cyberpunk running a little bit more smoothly locked vsync 60 fps now no dips (I was experiencing dips from 60 to 55 and 50 back to 60) the thing is I don't know if the sound is going to continue manifesting and if something else is wrong. Let me make clear that the pc is working flawlessly and now rams are at 3600mhz but I heard the beep twice in the last 2 hours.

·
2,680 Posts
Your CPU-z screen shot is of the memory tab....I need the SPD tab. That will tell you if you need to up the voltage on your RAM to get a stable OC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your CPU-z screen shot is of the memory tab....I need the SPD tab. That will tell you if you need to up the voltage on your RAM to get a stable OC.
I'm sorry let me take the screenshot.

Here it is.

Don't know how to interpret this values :(

·
2,680 Posts
Yep, see.....your 2133 voltage is 1.20.....to OC to 3600 you need to change the voltage to 1.350. To manually set it up....change the mhz to 3600 then change the DRAM voltage to 1.350, leave everything else to auto and then save and exit. That should get you sorted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, see.....your 2133 voltage is 1.20.....to OC to 3600 you need to change the voltage to 1.350. To manually set it up....change the mhz to 3600 then change the DRAM voltage to 1.350, leave everything else to auto and then save and exit. That should get you sorted.
Thank you so much I did and the profile is saved. I didn't not updated bios or restarted the Cmos battery and it was still giving me this sound.

Then I proceed to update bios ok my asrock Velocita and removed cleaned and placed again the cmos battery and restarted.

The noise only sounded a couple of times. Now my question is if this little beeping noise will damage my computer :(

·
2,680 Posts
I can't really tell with all the background and fan noise. If it's the booooop and I heard that twice....it's not a normal beep like the post beep. The post beep sound or beep code(s) sounds, sounds a lot like the road runner from the cartoon. Wilely E. Coyote and the Road runner cartoon.

That hum/boooop sounds you have are more inline with coil whine. The suspects I have in mind is your GPU/3070 or the PSU. And seeing that your PSU is some off brand I've never heard of and it's a Bronze series (not sure of that - just a guess), that's where I'd start looking to trouble shoot....ie bad fan or bearings, bad/loose GPU fan or even case fans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't really tell with all the background and fan noise. If it's the booooop and I heard that twice....it's not a normal beep like the post beep. The post beep sound or beep code(s) sounds, sounds a lot like the road runner from the cartoon. Wilely E. Coyote and the Road runner cartoon.

That hum/boooop sounds you have are more inline with coil whine. The suspects I have in mind is your GPU/3070 or the PSU. And seeing that your PSU is some off brand I've never heard of and it's a Bronze series (not sure of that - just a guess), that's where I'd start looking to trouble shoot....ie bad fan or bearings, bad/loose GPU fan or even case fans.

Yeah the PSU it's a Cougar Bxm 850 sorry.
As of now I have been playing 2 hours straight no beep sound. I understand the background noise but I truly believe the beeping sounds loud and clear. I'm gonna run cyberpunk now. I was running fall guys and no beep. Hopefully cmos bat reset helped :(

·
2,680 Posts
My suggestion would be to replace that PSU with a well known brand with at least a gold efficiency rating. Corsairs Ax and Hx series, Seasonic Focus series and Antec HC series are my go to brands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My suggestion would be to replace that PSU with a well known brand with at least a gold efficiency rating. Corsairs Ax and Hx series, Seasonic Focus series and Antec HC series are my go to brands.
I will most definitely change it and will keep you posted. Because of all and the pandemic I'm unable atm to go out and to the store. As of now 2 hours fall guys no beep. My trusted technician also told me that it could be a sound at the bottom of my mobo but k actually do not know. For the time being I'm glad it is not making any sounds. !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fingers crossed!
Unfortunately I'm still having the beep. But it's not as constant as it used to be. Sadly here in my country (panama) we have restrictions tl go out due to the pandemic. I'll wait a bit before going to the electronic store I bought my psu and keep you posted on this comments boss. Thanks so much for all the help :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts