Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the same problem where after shutdown, the system will not Post. However, if you shutdown, turn off the computer and unplug it for about 15 to 30 sec., then plug it back it in and turn it on, the system boots and runs normally. At that time, I thought that maybe it was a PSU capacitor problem with one of the capacitors not completely discharging. Called Corsair and received a new HX1000 that seem to take care of the problem for awhile. Now, having the same problem. I have checked memory, checked disks and video cards. My only choices are CPU, MB and PSU. I would think that it is odd to have another CPU failure.

Appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Will try again. It is hard to believe that I could have two problems with PSUs especially since the Corasir units have been so reliable.
Paul

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Having the same problem with two Corsair PSU's I would be suspicious of the household current being supplied to the PSU's.

·
Registered
549 Posts
u can always get a multimeter to test the voltage of the outlet but be very careful about using one on a live outlet and ask one of these lovely gentlemen to help u to do that, i am not to good with the multimeter, i think in the US it should be 110 to 120 volts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.