Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a followup to the (solved ?!?) problem originally posted by HardEight :
Logon Failure: The user has not been gratned the requested logon type at this computer
I do everything until it's supposedly solved but I get a nice error box saying
Code:
Failed to save Local Policy Database
; my last steps before are entering the computer name, it checks it, show me a nice underlined form, I click ok then it's added to the list then I get the error ... anyway, I can share my internet connection between my computer but cannot even acces my main computer. Can you help me ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
from bad to worst

ugggh ! :dead: I've did a bit of reading in the threads and I tough one of the suggestion seemed good but I think it made it worst. I've installed Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools on Windows XP pro (I thought it was listed as supported but I'm not sure anymore ...) and I don't know if it's a coincidence or I got a virus or something but I sometimes get a dll missing alert with weird characters, I can't end processes anymore and I try to enable services and when I restart they're disabled again. :sad: Since then I've uninstalled the Resource Kit Tools but the problems persist. Anyway, I don't think that's too bad ; my first priority is still enabling my laptop from using the files on my main (desktop) computer but the policy still won't save. Please help me ! :cry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same thing here, I have a network of laptops I use to train attorneys in legal software. I went to one firm where they had a database they wanted me to use for the training. I set my laptop up to connect to their domain so that I could transfer files and get their DB. Somehow, my local policy was affected by the server's group policy, and now I cannot make any changes to my local policy. I get the same error, 'failed to save' or whatever. when I try to connect to the laptop at all I get the error that I dont have permission.

I tried connecting the laptop to my domain in the office to try and adopt teh less strict policy I use in the office. It didnt have any effect. I have tried numerous times to open the local policy and change it on the laptop with no luck. Does anyone know how to unlock the local policy on a computer? I'm convinced it must be somehting in the registry, I just dont know what.

Any ideas? Anyone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
no answers? what kind of forum is this?

so i am having the same problem "failed to save local policy database"

so i searched the internet, found this forum...am i really to beleive that no one that uses this forum knows, and hasn't posted a solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same Problem. Got it working,
I had set up different login names on both PCs, then at the PC which was not
accessible, i open Local Security Settings > User rights Assignments > Acc
ess to this Computer From Internet > Advance > Find now (under same computer
name, not in workgroup)then I found the other PC user name under First Comp
uter name
(like
user2 COMPUTER1)
Just added it to the list, repaired the workgroup, and all went OK.
I hope it works for u all too. :1angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.