Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a computer to work, hard drive crashed and i replaced it. I did everything myself with the little knowledge i have about computers and managed to get it right. I had thought i finished dealing with problems with this computer but now, after downloading WoW and waiting nearly 10 hours for the updates to finish.. It tells me "Failed to find suitable display device" seconds after hitting play. Someone please help?

My EVEREST report is attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
41,901 Posts
If you have a separate video card, go to the manufacturers site and download the specific driver for your video card. If you don't have a separate video card, go to the manufacturer of your computers support site and type in your make and model and it will take you to the driver download page for your computer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your problem is most likely here _ Motherboard Name ATI Corp. Motherboard Chipset Unknown. This is why your default graphics driver is_ Display:Video Adapter Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (16 MB), which is probably the wrong driver for your on board graphics display, and why your getting an error while trying to play WOW. Do you have the system cd?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Upon running a windows automatic update, i was able to play WoW afterwards. At the cost of an immediate blue screen/crash and loss of my operating system. Now when i boot up my laptop, it just says "Missing operating system" I think i will just buy a new computer..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rather than buy a new unit try and fix this one your problem seems really simple and with the headace I have had with mine as of late I would love to swap you =P

Reinstall windows but before doing so open up your case and see if its an intergrated graphics card (sits on your mother board) or an external one is usualy seated in a brown or orange slot (might be white to but not sure =P)

If you can't see an external graphics card try and take note of the model number of the motherboard it will be on there somewhere run that through google and this is where you need to use caution there are alot of dodgy sites out there that will claim to have your drivers look for something official like your actual manufacture if not just be cautious about using them drivers.

Then make sure everything is set and ready and all drivers installed before running anything that needs the graphics card (so mainly desktop stuff) You will fix it its just driver issues and imo does not warrant a new system unless you want to use it as an excuse to get one of course ;)

Dont let the pc beat you :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.