Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to upgrade my Asus F3M Laptop from windows xp to windows 7 like member who called Nothingspecial. When i tried to install windows 7 and select boot from disc to prepare setup, laptop just restarted every time. I don't know what is the key for Safe Mode .... because i have tried f8 but it fails..... So i decided to remove it from the laptop and format as an external HDD.... then i tried to install again... but it still not boot.....
I need your help......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks but i have already tried that...... It doesn't work...... The problem is its fail to boot in each way with windows 7, but when using Xp or Linux its boot..... @bassfisher

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,866 Posts
Sounds like the discs for win 7 may have some problem I would either go back to using xp or change to linux finding drivers for win 7 could prove a real challenge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On an Asus, you press the esc key at boot up to get the boot device selection menu. Select cd/dvd drive then you will be asked to press any key to but from the Windows 7 boot dvd. Don't miss the brief message about pressing any key or it will revert to the hard disk boot.

For windows 7 drivers, you can use the Vista srivers. You may have to tell Windows 7 to go ahead and use them even if they don't seem to be right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks #joeten & #solarscreen. There is no problem with my [email protected] and i have tried to do that but it still restart @solarscreen.
In the BIOS setup under boot options is the dvd drive removed from being a boot device? Many setups allow you to decide the order of the boot devices and also which devices you will allow booting from. In my work, we turn off all devices other than the hard disk to help prevent accidental and unauthorized booting to external sources.

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,866 Posts
Try what is being suggested by solarscreen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.