Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there have been lots of posts bout this problem and I have tried all suggestions. I ran Fable TLC for weeks and had no problems then started getting the following message.

We are sorry, but we have detected that the game did not exit correctly. We recommend starting the game in safe mode. Safe mode may disable some advanced features of the game, but may allow you to play the game.

My Audio and graphics drivers are up to date. I am not running Windowsblinds.

I have 3gb ram, Running Windows 7, intel core i3, 2.3ghz speed, Geforce 310m card.

For a while I could play by taking the Continue anyway option but now I can't play at all. I really don't want to lose progress. Can you help?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi,
Instead of troubleshooting problems I would find of your game saves, (could be in my documents or under the program files), back them up and reinstall the game. I am not sure of the exact directory because I uninstalled by fable a while ago but i remember it wasn't to hard to find. Best of luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah did that too. Have created another profile and started again as it wouldn't read my saved games. Its ok at present but once I get so far into game I suspect it'll go back to error message. Thanks for your help tho!!

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
Hello
download Revo uninstaller from my sig and use it to uninstall the game and remove all its remaining from the registry and from your HDD when prompted, that way you can reinstall the game in a clean way, also try to play the game with your old save game and see if it works

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Best of luck on your second play through, I had to start again recently too, OS was giving me problems so I reinstalled without backing up my save files. Lots of silver keys armor and weapons gone :(, I would do a complete reinstall as per Rockmaster, might get rid of any lingering problems windows might have missed. Besides REVO is awesome. Sorry i couldnt help anymore.
Regards
Seal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.