Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i click on the desktop icon the game 'tries' to run but before showing nothing but a split second black screen and then terminating.

Plz help with this i am almost certain that it is nothing to do with my computer, look at my specs:

3000+ AMD Athlon 64
512mb RAM
PNY Tech 128mb Geforce 6 6600GT
120GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
Windows XP

I really dont want to have to download this again because i am on 56K and it took 1 day and 17 hours to complete anything is better than doing that again.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing i forgot to mention, after terminating it loads up http://promos.vugames.com/feardemo/ copy and paste this and you will see why this is really baffling, why would it load up this page?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Try turning off all internet access in your firewall before running the game.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont have a firewall (56k) and i have tried running it when not connected to the internet.

There must be a way, also could you possibly give an explanation of why it would bring up that web page?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yeh ur rite, i realize now that the ad must be what happens when you quit the game as it terminates so it seems as if i have just finished playing and have quit normally. About DX9.0C it comes with the demo so i dont think that is the problem. Another thing to consider is that in the readme it says 'please have latest service pack installed' and i have standard XP Pro with no service packs so that could be the problem, but it's gonna take me ages to download service pack 2 because it is 200mb i think dammit 56k. I will get back to you if it fixes/doesnt fix the problem, cheers for your help!

Oh yeah another thing, i just updated gfx drivers to 77.77 that was after it wasnt workin i was hopin that would fix it. Before that i was using 77.72 which it said was acceptable but i didnt want to take any chances.

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
Considering you're on dialup, consider ordering the SP2 CD from microsoft - link here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude! 6-8 Weeks for shipping, cheers for the idea but F.E.A.R. will be out to buy fully then!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone had this same problem? tell me how to fix it

Do you think installing a new service pack really does anything other than security updates?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tried something else

i have just tried running it on a clean hard drive, i have a spare in-case of situations like these. And installed nvidia 80.40 Xtreme G drivers and FEAR demo but still the same problem, does this mean that sumthing more important is wrong?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.