Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a set of 3 Acer monitors and a Gigabye AMD Radeon 6850 graphics card to support them. I hooked up two of the monitors up via DVI, and one via DisplayPort.

The first issue I had was that the mouse art would get corrupted, which was really annoying, so I updated to the latest driver (using this), which fixed that.

Then, I started getting these pretty little desktop additions! They tend to look something like this:

As far as I can tell, they aren't corrupted images of any of the programs I have open; they don't look like anything. On the other hand, though, they are definitely not just random -- before I took the screenshot of this one, it was actually a uncorrupted hunk of image, and it was white with words and letters on it, but nothing really coherent. Sometimes they are just corruptions of the desktop image:

They show up (if there isn't already one there) usually whenever I click the desktop, but getting rid of them is pretty random. Sometimes dragging a window or a selection box across it will make it go away, sometimes it won't.

I did try using the driver auto-detector thing again, but it said they were up to date.

Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Edit button seems to have disappeared (must be a time limit) so I would like to add that this is only occurring on my primary monitor, alike to the cursor corruption issue. This monitor is connected via DVI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, the issue went away for a while but I'm now experiencing this again. Although, unlike I mentioned in the previous post, it's occurring on all the monitors.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've attached a DxDiag for specs.

My PSU is a Corsair CX500.

Before purchasing my video card and PSU, I did quite a bit of reading to ensure that the 500 Watt would be enough, and some people even talked of running my particular card on a 300 Watt, though with the 3 monitors considerably more is power usage is expected...

Attachments

·
ROG Enthusiast
1,497 Posts
Whoever was telling you that it could run on a 300W psu is either very stupid or doesn't have a clue what there talking about.

Even on AMD's website it states:
"500 Watt or greater power supply recommended"

I still would be using a 650-750W PSU with your card. I always add 30% to the minimum required power for longevity of the computer.

How long have you had this card? if it is still under warranty i suggest you get it RMA'd for a replacement so we can rule out a faulty GPU. I would strongly suggest you replace your PSU as well.

Thanks,
Altie

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
PC Specs?
Pre- Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

The CX & GS Series Corsair are lower quality and not recommended. 550W is the minimum we recommend for any PCI-E PC.
Once we know your PC specs we can recommend a suitable PSU with sufficient power.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
@tyree:
Shouldn't any specs you need be in the dxdiag in the previous post? If I recall, it has model number, and I know it has processor, ram, graphics, and I've said what my PSU is.
And if it does have the model number, the graphics card and the PSU are the only things that aren't factory.
@altie:
I figured the 300 W was probably not too legit myself, but the maufactuer recommended was 500W, like you said.

I've had the card for about 5-6 months, I got it via newegg. I'm posting from my phone, so I'll check warranty information when I get home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.