Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam joining sky in the coming week and will be receiving their free router (G Router). I am currently using (Belkin N Router) due to the distance from my computers and interferance (eg , walls, 4 floors).

I understand that I cannot use my own router with sky because they have username & password built into router. I have heard rumours that these details can be extracted.

WHY ON EARTH DO SKY ONLY SUPPLY G ROUTERS

Can anyone tell me how to do this, or even point me in the right direction.

Thankyou and a quick response would be appreciated.

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
"WHY ON EARTH DO SKY ONLY SUPPLY G ROUTERS"

Because they are free, which means Sky have them made at the cheapest possible cost to them. I daresay they can supply better routers to those customers who are prepared to pay for one.

In any event, an 'N' router will only be of benefit to you if Sky's equipment at their end is also 'N' capable. If you want to proceed with using your non-sky router read this:
Sky User - Username & Password from a Sky DG934G Router

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"WHY ON EARTH DO SKY ONLY SUPPLY G ROUTERS"

Because they are free, which means Sky have them made at the cheapest possible cost to them. I daresay they can supply better routers to those customers who are prepared to pay for one.

In any event, an 'N' router will only be of benefit to you if Sky's equipment at their end is also 'N' capable. If you want to proceed with using your non-sky router read this:
Sky User - Username & Password from a Sky DG934G Router

Thankyou for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.