Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a rather lengthy list of drives on my computer and I believe more than is needed.

C: local drive (new and improved)
D: HP_PAVILION (original drive Dr. Watson warned me about years ago.)
E: Stuff (where I try to put most of my program files and everything else)
F: More (more stuff from the original drive for backup)
G: diablo expansion (virtual daemon drive)
H: removable disk (?)
I: removable drive (?)
J: removable drive (? I or J is for the SD card)
K: HP_RECOVERY
L: DVD-RAM drive
M: removable drive (?)
N: starcraft (Daemon)
O: Broodwar (Daemon)
P: DVD drive (?)

This list does change because at the beginning of my last thread there were 3 DVD drives. Daemon is set up for 4 virtual drives and one is unmounted. Is there some drive letters just floating around not connected to anything?
abusknott

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
Remove all USB devices other then mouse, keyboard. Do you have a Card Reader on your computer or your printer? This will add several drive letters to your computer. To trouble shoot between virtual drives and physical ones, uninstall Daemon tools, and restart the computer. You can always reinstall it again.
Go to Start/Run and type diskmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Disk Management window you will see all of your physical drives, take a screenshot and attach it in your next post.

·
Global Moderator
44,227 Posts
In Paint, use the select tool and crop the picture of just the Disk Management window and nothing else.

·
Global Moderator
44,227 Posts
Do you have a Card Reader on your computer or your printer? This will add several drive letters to your computer.
Drive H:, I:, J: and M: are part of a Multi Card Reader, If you don't have a USB one plugged in, it is either on the front of your computer, or on the front of your Printer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The extra drives I was complaining about earlier were 3 cd/dvd drives; only one worked. The others asked for a disk. I do not see them now since we did that removal of forceware. There are 5 card slots on the front panel with one being another USB port.

·
Global Moderator
44,227 Posts
The 3 CD/DVD virtual drives are no longer there, and the other Mystery drives listed in Disk Management are the 4 slots for your card reader (USB doesn't count)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.