Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have recently partitioned my 500gb Lacie external USB harddrive. It went good and i was able to put my files i needed on the partitioned portion, i shut my computer off and went away for a few hours. when i came back it showed that my external harddrive was not there(on "My Computer"). So i turned off the external HD and turned it back on, windows made the usual noise when you plug in external hardware, but it still did not show up in "My Computer". So as curious as i was i plugged it into my laptop and the same thing happend, made the noise and them no HD showed up in My Computer, so i replugged it back in and the same thing happend. So i go check the device manager and it is shown there, just to double check i turn off my HD to see if the device disapeers, it did so i got the right HD there so windows is seeing it(i think :S).

so i think i am in a pickle here guys, can anyone help me solve this issue of mine?

· TSF Enthusiast
918 Posts
Hit the Windows button and press R, this will open a run screen. In here, type "diskmgmt.msc" without the quotations and see if your drive is visible - is it visible and if so, write the information it states here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.