Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to move my music files from my computer to an external hard drive. I use MusicMatch on my computer and the music library shows up in the My Music file but when I set up the transfer none of these music files show up. How do I either transfer the files directly from MusicMatch to the external hard drive or alternatively get them to show up in My Music when I set up the volume for transfer? Maybe this is very simple but I am totally unfamiliar with using an external drive and the Retrospective manual is virtually incomprehensible.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
why dont you just open the My Music file reshape the files window to half size / then also open a folder within the external drive at the same time / then its just a matter of dragging and dropping the files you want to back-up ??????

regards

joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Works great but leads to another question. There seems to be no direct way to get music from the external drive into MusicMatch. The only direct option puts the music into the Microsoft Media Player. I can get the music to play via My Documents then into My Music which can then be played in MusicMatch. Is there an easier solution?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
I'm not sure I understand, can't you just drag the files directly into the My Music folder in Windows Explorer? How are you doing it now?

Can MusicMatch play files from any folder or only My Music?

Sorry for all the questions... I'm puzzled :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply. Right now I right click on the file. The normal options appear but also include one for Play with Media Player. Play with MusicMatch does not appear on the list of options. Proceding down to the Send to option I can get the file to My Documents. From there I have to move it to My Music. A lot of steps. If I can send the files directly to Media Player after right clicking on the file, shouldn't I be able to set something up to send it directly to MusicMatch as well or instead of to Media Player. I hope that this is a clearer explanation of what I have been doing.

·
retired
1,966 Posts
http://www.musicmatch.com/info/user_guide/

How to Add Music Files to the Music Library
1. Click on the Library button and then click on the Add Tracks button located at the top, right of the library
2. Select the desired music folder you wish to add
3. Select the Select All button to add all track from that folder, or select only a few tracks by highlighting one, and then holding down the Ctrl key and selecting the next file to add (repeat until all desired files are highlighted).
4. Click the OK button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.