Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,618 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc. Right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Disk Management window, do you see your drive there? Does it say it is Unallocated Space or does it say that the Disk is RAW?
If so, you can try and recover your files by using the free TestDisk Program. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to recover your files to.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc. Right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Disk Management window, do you see your drive there? Does it say it is Unallocated Space or does it say that the Disk is RAW?
If so, you can try and recover your files by using the free TestDisk Program. I have had the best luck with GetDataBack. You will need another drive of the same size or larger to recover your files to.
It says:
File System-FAT32
Status-Healthy (Primary Partition)

· Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,618 Posts
Can you browse the files on the drive? If so, there is nothing wrong with it other then the name has changed.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can't browse... i can't even see the folders at all. but when i plugged it in my TV set, everything's there. it's just that i can't copy or delete files there.

yeah, maybe i should let it go? i mean, is it ok if i just let the computer read it as local disk?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.