Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A COMPAQ 575E. I AM WANTING TO BUY A USED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MY SYSTEM SPECS BEFORE I START LOOKING AND ALSO WHAT IS A GOOD BRAND TO BUY ? I HAVE HEARD THAT PHILLIPS IS PRETTY GOOD. THANKS FOR THE HELP.:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi squeak3101,

I think, as with any other PC-related product, that the most important questions you should answer before are:

- what do you need it for? only for backup large files? or most obvious, only for transferring them?
- does your computer have a USB port? and if so, is it 2.0?

Then you could move on your shopping. If you don't want to mess around and prefer to get the right stuff, you can check these external hard drives. Their featured products have served me well so far.

·
Banned
745 Posts
Hi squeak3101,

I think, as with any other PC-related product, that the most important questions you should answer before are:

- what do you need it for? only for backup large files? or most obvious, only for transferring them?
- does your computer have a USB port? and if so, is it 2.0?

Then you could move on your shopping. If you don't want to mess around and prefer to get the right stuff, you can check these external hard drives. Their featured products have served me well so far.
Considering the post was made 5 years ago it is likely that the problem is solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.