Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using win2000 pro and when i go to open my computer an explorer.exe error occurs, and it then tells me that it will restart. now my windows will stay open, but the background programs that are running lose their icons near the clock all that remains is the volume control and winzip file. I have recently downloaded the service pack 2 for my o/s and updated all my drivers. Im on a network and i read in a microsoft faq that there are issues with a computer not sharing files on a network it will generate this explorer error. I shared a few folders and the problem went away for about 2 days then it came back strong as ever. Ive been hunting for something on the many FAQ's with little avail. Please help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the same problem 2

hey bro im having the same problem too when i open up "Disc C" or Disc G or my documents folder and this error message appears "explorer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.... :4-dontkno :confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do a search for explorer.exe so you know what folder to put it in and then extract and reinstall explorer.exe from your OS cdrom and when it asks to replace existing file say yes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.