Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU.

MY DAUGHTER DOWNLOADED EXPLORER 6.0 ON HER WINDOWS
NT SYSTEM. NOW, SHE IS UNABLE TO DO ANY TYPING ONLINE AT ALL, WHICH MEANS SHE CANNOT ENTER ANY PASSWORDS TO ENTER HER EMAIL ACCOUNT, BANKING ACCOUNT, ETC. SHE CALLED EXPLORER, BUT THEY TOLD HER SHE WOULD HAVE TO CALL COMPAQ, AND VICE-VERSA.

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO HER PROBLEM? SHE NEEDS TO GET IN TO PAY HER BILLS ONLINE, AS WELL AS CHECK HER EMAILS.

HOPEFULLY YOU CAN HELP.?

THANKYOU, AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
:coffee:

Welcome to the board,

Could you tell me what Service Pack the NT OS is running?

Also, what is done prior to the error message?.. what I mean is can you type in the address bar to get to a site but cannot fill out any forms? or cant submit forms once their filled out? or both?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Explorer caused fault error E29...

Thankyou for your quick response. I made an error in my first post. I listed the computer as using Windows NT. It is not. It is using Windows ME. Don't know if this will make a difference.

She can type in the address bar, but not anywhere else.

Thanx again.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Can she go back to microsoft.com and download ie6 again? This is a rather severe error and I would try re downloading ie6, the windows site should be able to tell that you have ME and give you the right version. I'm checking into a few other things but It's worth a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E29 error

Thankyou again for getting back with me on this error.

My daughter just notified me that she had to take the IE6 back out, at it had a virus attached? I am not very computer literate, so forgive my wording. She has had some computer programming school, and while she is out of work, had time to putter with it and got it fixed.

Thanx again. Sounds like her problem is now solved. I truly appreciate your assistance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.