Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ppl..
i had saved all my projects n important college documents in a folder..n 2 b more secure.. i also locked 'em all wit a folder locking s/w.. it was wrking fine
but thn my bro removed tht s/w.. n tht folder is missing since then..
i jus hope thr r wayz 2 retrieve tht folder bak.. it contains all important college stuff.. plzz help me outt..!
wen i open tht drive..tht folder is missing..but m sure its sumwer in d hard disk..coz stil d free memory space is d same as it was..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, what software did you use to lock that folder ?

Do you have any restore points on your computer made before your brother removed the software ? To check it you need to click start - all programs - accessories - System Tools -
System Restore and Select: Restore my Computer to an earlier time and click next.
If there are restore points they are marked with bold font on calendar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey..thnx fr tht info!
but unfortunately..system restore was turned off.. so ne othr way?
n i used instant lock to lock these folder..

·
Registered
14 Posts
According to Instant lock website:

"- What if someone uninstalls the software ?

No way! Only you can uninstall Instant Lock with your password.

- What if someone deletes the program folder manually?

No problem, deleting program's folders will not result with data loss neither. Just reinstall it with same password. Installation location does not mater at all. You do not have to remember that. "

So did your brother completely uninstall it with password or just deleted the folder of the program?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey.. i jus asked him n he says he deleted d folder frm program files..n as u told me to do.. i re-installed tht software agn.. its a trial version... but d prblm is tht it doesnt shows ne folders tht r locked 1ce u add them.. i tried adding a new folder 2 do LOCKED list.. n 1ce d folder was locked... it disappears frm d drive..n evn d instantlock software doesnt shows me d locked folder at all..
i get this error :

"Error in File Folders module:
Path Not Found"

so.. ne chances of retrieval of d folder..

·
Registered
1 Posts
google a program called TreeSize free, its a freeware. Instant lock doesnt really lock files, it just stores them in the volume information folder and TreeSize can be used to know which folder and then use can use it to open it and cut and past the folders out. You'll know which folder its in easily since every other folder wont contain anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.