Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am currently involved in deploying a few Solar panels on the roof Charity organization. We need to monitor the production from this panels and hence the use of Sunny Webbox. Networking isnt my forte and hence could ask you experts out there please review the attached sketch of a proposed LAN setup.

The original design had the two routing switches of Inverters 1 & 3, 4 & 6 and 7 & 9 plugging straight into the routing switches of Inverter 2, 5 and 8 respectively. I believe this cant be done, plugging a routing switch into another, and is why I have added unmanaged switches to bring in the Weidmuller string box modules (SL-MOD-GW, RS485 gateways) in the two adjacent Inverters, and at the fibre optic fed Inverters (2, 5 and 8) another IE-MOD-ECO to bring in the two adjacent Inverters.

Does this look fine or is there a better approach?

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wand3r3r

Thanks for the feedback. Apologise for the delay in replying and there isnt much access to the Internet in this remote area. We have completed the installation and are now about to start with the networking bits of it. I will try your suggestion and let you know how we go.

Regards

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
You only want one router with the devices connecting to one switch and use only one subnet.

Your diagram has multiple same subnets which won't be addresable without port forwarding which is unlikely the equipment supports it.

devices<>switch<>router<>connection back to monitoring equipment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.