Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, or if this is something that this formula doesn't deal with - it's just I'm in a rush as I have to complete a spreadsheet for my boss (and as I'm at risk of redundancy I want to impress him).

Anyway, I would be really grateful if someone could help me with the following:

I have two columns with data in them. Column T has rows 2 to 8 filled with numerical data, whereas Column U has numerical data only in rows 2 and 8, with rows 3 to 7 empty. I'm after a calculation which will sum all of Column T but only if there is an amount entered in Column U. So, basically, if row 2 to 8 in Column T had £100 in it (i.e. £700) but Column U, rows 2 and 8, have £7 and rows 3 to 7 have £0, I need a calculation which will equal £200. At the same time, I need the total to update as I enter more figures in Column U, for example I would need the total to change to £300 if I enter another £7 within one of the empty rows?

I assume I need to use an if statement, but I can't seem to get it to work on summing columns.

I really hope someone can help, or let me know where I can find help. I will be extremely grateful.

My thanks to you all in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.