Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up. Got a problem here. I just bought a new pc.

I have :
intel i7 2.66 processor
evga x58 3X SLI motherboard
evga 8800GT superclocked videocard
850WATT cosair power supply
6gig's of ocz tripple path platinum

My problem is.. When I hit the power button. It takes like 10 or more seconds to have the post beep and then the LED on the motherboard says 7F. First time starting it. It would turn off, and then turn back on by itself. That was just a different outlet in another room though.

It was really frustrating cause I dont know whats going on. I just built it and I have it hooked up to a monitor that wont display anything just yet. But when I do I'll make another post.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
First time starting it. It would turn off, and then turn back on by itself.
That indicates as a general rule that you are getting too hot and it is turning itself off to keep from damaging something. What thermal paste did you use and how much did you put on there? Are you certain that you have the CPU/Heatsink snapped clear down in and tight to the motherboard, because that can cause the same symptoms?

The code I think indicates a hardware problem, so one needs to try some things to make sure they are all connected and making good contact.

Unplug and replug all things like keyboard, mouse, memory, etc..... Then, clear the cmos and see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.