Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ell hello, i am new to the forum, and here is my problem, i order a "barbones" kit from tigerdirect.com and to my surprise i got it in like 3 days, i had a friend come over and help me with the setup, we did everything by the book, we power up, and nothing happens, well everything powers on, the leds, all the fans, and the cd drive light comes on, but nothing on the monitor. we hear this clciking and realizes that the computer is resetting its self every like 3 seconds, so we power it down and email chanitech tech support, they reply with instruction of resetting the CMOS and taking the CPU and fan off and re-mounting it, we followed the instructions to a T and we power it back up, and for a split second we see the BIOS setup but then it resets its self and keeps on resetting it self, but when u hold down the reset button it stops resetting but knowing comes up on the moniter and now i'm hear asking u wonderful people what to do

Computer Specs. CPU- AMD Athlon XP3000+ Socket A CPU Barton Core 333FSB w/Ultra Copper Base Fan XP 3000+ / Sempron 2800+

VIDEO CARD- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP w/DVI/TV-OU

HARD DRIVE- Hitachi 40GB EIDE HD 7200/2MB/ATA-100

MOTHER BOARD- Chaintech 7NJL6 Socket A Motherboard

TOWER- Soyo 10 - Bay Mid Tower Case w/ 400Watt PS

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum,

First of all, probably need some more information on this one. When you put the CPU in, what instructions did they give you? Did you use the factory pad or Artic Silver thermal paste? Did you clean off the old thermal solution before you put it back together? That might give us some clue to what is going on. It almost sounds like you don't have the CPU seated properly or else you don't have something put together correctly, so it is getting too hot and shutting down. Have you double checked to make sure your heatsink and fan are clamped clear down and snapped in. Those models are really hard to snap in so you need to check that. Did you put the heatsink fan blowing down like they are supposed to or do you have it blowing up?

Are you sure you have the 12 volt square molex plug hooked up to the motherboard?????

Second question, have you tried it with only one stick of RAM? If not, check your manual which slot and give that a try. Have you reseated the Video Card?

You might want to take a look at trying a friends video card to see if that helps.

It is quite possible that your power supply is not strong enough for this unit. Do you know what brand it is? There will be some numbers on the side that tell what power is on each rail, you might want to list those for us.

Post back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.