Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running Windows 7 and for MONTHS, I have all different applications crash. Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Windows Live Mail and some other software I use for real estate while I am working. The message is always that the program is not responding and needs to restart. This is driving me batty, because for work purposes the app crashes and I have to start what I am doing all over again. HELP!

·
TSF - Enthusiast
3,172 Posts
Hi Welcome to TSF

Can you give us more information about your hardware
Make and model of your computer
If custom build then list all parts

When was the last time you ran windows updates?
Any virus or malware infections in recent past?
When was the last time you updated your drivers
Any other changes you have made right before this problem started

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WINDOWS 7
HP PAVILION DV7 NOTEBOOK PC
INTEL CORE I7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHZ
RAM 6 GB
64 OPERATING SYSTEM

Just did a Windows Update last night. I updated my drivers a few months ago and I have had small virus/malware issues in the past, but nothing big I can remember. The last thing I remember doing before the crashes started was downloading MIMedia to backup my files automatically.

I cannot remember how to do it now, but when I looked at the incident reports, there were a bunch of APPCRASH errors. If you can refresh my memory and how to do that I can send some of the incident reports - there are ALOT of them as it happens constantly, and they are all different.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
3,172 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, it appears to happen alot if I am dealing with pictures. For example, when I go to upload a pic to my real estate software form or when I got save a pic to a folder in Docs. This is not always the case - but more times than not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.