Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
been having problems with my PC freezing with looping sound sound relatively often. Looked at the windows event viewer, and under application, there are always the same 5 errors roughly at the time a freeze happens: 3006; 3007; 10021; 2001; 2001.

Here are the error IDs and their respective descriptions (since my Event Viewer is in german, I tried to find the english translations):

Error ID 3006 - Source : Search
Performance monitoring for the Gatherer service cannot be initialized, because the counters are not loaded or the shared memory object cannot be opened. This only affects availability of the perfmon counters. Rebooting the system may fix the problem

Error ID 3007 - Source : Search
Performance monitoring cannot be initialized for the gatherer object, because the counters are not loaded or the shared memory object cannot be opened. This only affects availability of the perfmon counters. Restart the computer.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Error ID 10021 - Source : Search
(couldn't find this one in english, so I roughly translated it)

The WSearchIdxPi performance counter registration information for instance could not be obtained because of the following error: The process was completed successfully. 0x0.

Error ID 2001 - Source : Usbperf
Unable to read the "First Counter" value under the usbperf\Performance Key. Status codes returned in data.

Any idea if these errors might be responsible for the freezes and how to fix them?
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,723 Posts
Run:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth: then run sfc /scannow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Run:
Okay, I ran both processes and it found and repaired some broken files. Hope this fixed it, will reply to this thread again if the errors happen nonetheless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Run:
Welp, my Pc froze again and the same errors appeared. Decided to run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow again and this time it told me it found some broken files, but couldn't repair some of them. Any idea what I should do now?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,723 Posts
If you know how, do a Repair Install. If not, post back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts