Tech Support banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I had bought the above game some time ago, and have 6 hours on it but now, on Win 10, I cannot get it to run. After installing and clicking 'play' button on steam it showed a screen and a warning that it wasn't running in optimal resolution of 1366*768 which is what my monitor is set to. I have the Divine Wind DLC too, and I just installed the game and verified the files. I accessed the graphics settings file of the game and changed the resolution in it to 1366*768 and now it doesn't show the warning but simply crashes to desktop. I just don't know what to do and any help will be great. Please help. To post in ParadoxPlaza I think I need the cd key which I don't know how to access in steam.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,124 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well sir, I have only one monitor, do you think this April update is causing my problem too sir? Is there anything else I should be checking/doing?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,124 Posts
Settings> Update and Security> Windows Update> View update history. Click Uninstall updates. In the window that appears, select the item Update for Microsoft Windows (KB5001330) and click Uninstall at the top Reboot.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh an update: I saw in a site that if you have EU 3 complete and the Divine Wind DLC, you are also supposed to have the DLC Heir to the Throne installed or it will crash. I had that exact problem so I disabled the Divine Wind DLC and now it works. When I have some money I'll buy the Heir to the Throne and perhaps then Divine Wind will work with that. Just posting this in case someone else has the same problem. I will now try to mark the thread as solved. Ty, SpywareDr for trying to help me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts