·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Components Involved in Problem:
Motorola Surfboard 5100 with usb and ethernet connection
Black computer (T2682 emachine)
White Computer (Custom)

Well, I have two computers. I need to return one to my uncle tho. But my computer which I will refer to as the white one because it has a white case, will not connect to internet on its own unless connected by a crossover cable to my uncle's computer which i will refer to as the black one, because of its black case.
The black one works fine and can connect to the internet through a USB connection, but i Cannot get it to connect with an ethernet connection only. I tried the Comcast CD's they give out that are supposed to configure it for you but to no avail.
The white one cannot connect using either one USB or Ethernet and thats obviously the big problem since it will be my only computer.

I am not totallly incompetent about computers but I am no expert nor am I close to being one so use lamence terms please, I will check this post daily. Anyone who can help will probably need more info than I provided so just ask for it, and I will supply it within 24 hours most likely less. please keep up with me on this i really would like to crack this.
In Summary, just an internet connection problem if any more information is required just ask I will respond with it promptly. Thanks for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.