I have an Athlon 1.2 with plenty of memory,two HDs, a
Maxtor Ultra ATA 120 and a Maxtor ATA 40. I have run all
the disk utilities prior to the insatll and even tried to
install from Safe Mode. Nothing works.

Suggestions would be welcome.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I suggest you forget about the upgrade and do a clean install. This is only the start of your issues, upgrades rarely go smoothly. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SPEEDO: It is a full install CD, not an upgrade. It was suggested to do the Clean Install, and of course, that would mean a couple of days to get the system back to where I need it.

ecoles

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
From the sounds of things, you could be spending several days to get the system working anyway! :rolleyes: The difference is that with a clean install, you have a lot better chance of not spending still more time fighting problems a week or a month down the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I want to go to XP Pro, you're probably correct, it's a clean install and two days to get back to normal. If I stay with w2k, things will just go along swimmingly.

I guess that's my choice.

Thanks for your comments.

ecoles

S

·
0 Posts
After you get it up and running the way you like it get a copy of Ghost 2003. Then burn a backup of your hard drive while it's got a fresh install...............:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use Ghost 2003 now. You can be sure that I will keep an image of a clean XP install and periodic images as time goes by. Backups of all types is the function of the Maxtor 40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.