Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dinner tonight, I went to my computer and found that it wasn't waking up from sleep mode. This has happened before, and a quick power off/power on will do the trick. However, this last time, I got 3 error messages...the last one being where the process stalls...

1) Checking media prescence
-Media Present
-Start PXE over IPV4

2) Start PXE over IPV6

3) No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

This computer is a few years old, and perhaps the HDD is bad. But, I am hoping there is something that I can do to fix the issue at hand. I am using a HP Envy (H8-1534 PC). I tried pushing F-10 and changing the boot order, as well as a few other possible fixes, to no avail. Does anyone have a way to get my computer up and running again?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, I am running on the free windows 10 upgrade, not the Windows 8 that my computer came installed with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PXE Over IPV 4 error on startup, unable to load Windows

error pxe over IPV4 on startup...unable to boot my computer, please help
After dinner tonight, I went to my computer and found that it wasn't waking up from sleep mode. This has happened before, and a quick power off/power on will do the trick. However, this last time, I got 3 error messages...the last one being where the process stalls...

1) Checking media prescence
-Media Present
-Start PXE over IPV4

2) Start PXE over IPV6

3) No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

This computer is a few years old, and perhaps the HDD is bad. But, I am hoping there is something that I can do to fix the issue at hand. I am using a HP Envy (H8-1534 PC). I tried pushing F-10 and changing the boot order, as well as a few other possible fixes, to no avail. Does anyone have a way to get my computer up and running again?

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,255 Posts

·
Windows Tech Team, Networking Team |Tech
2,256 Posts
When starting your computer, press either the F2, or the Delete key to enter the BIOS. Is the hard drive showing up? If not power down, and reconnect cables going to the hard drive. If still nothing, you could try downloading SeaTools for DOS, at this link.
SeaTools | Seagate

Burn this to a CD then boot from CD, see if the hard drive is detected, I doubt if the drive isn't shown in the BIOS, SeaTools will detect it either, but if it does run the short, and long tests to see if any errors show up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: PXE Over IPV 4 error on startup, unable to load Windows

I don't have a CD burner. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to enter Bios, how do I tell if my hard drive is present. In the boot order area, it was there, but I didn't see any other applicable areas. Also, I do not have a CD burner to allow myself to try uR last fix.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,255 Posts
Re: PXE Over IPV 4 error on startup, unable to load Windows

If your pc has the option to boot from USB, you could make a flash drive

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,788 Posts
Threads merged so some duplication.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,788 Posts
In the bios.

·
Global Moderator
42,350 Posts
What is the make and model# of your computer/Motherboard?
Boot into Setup (Bios) On the Main page, it should list all of the Drives on your computer by manufacturer. If it does not list the HDD, it is either not plugged in or it has failed.
If you have a USB Flash drive, download SeaFlash in my signature.
With the newly created bootable Flash drive in the computer, boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Boot tab, the USB Flash drive may be listed under Hard Drive Group, or just USB Device. Move this to First Boot Device, Save and Exit, or you can press F12 at bootup to make a one time change of boot order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.