Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum and have a question and need help with a problem I am having. Ok I just built a new PC and this is what I have...

MSI P4N SLI mainboard
Pentium 4 D 830
1 gig OCZ dual channel pc5400 ram
Western Digital 250 gig sata 2 hard drive
Chaitech 6200 G Force graffix card

I got everything together and tried to install windows xp pro and it wouldnt let me complete the install before I got a blue error screen saying " page fault in non page area" so I ran a check on my hard drive and it was ok then tried to run a check on my ram from a floppy I made and it wouldnt work so I pulled out the ram and reinstalled it and presto it installed windows with out any problems. Then after installing all my drivers and utilities and updating windows I tried to install my DSL software and at the end of the install just before completion another blue screen appeard and then windows rebooted before I could read the error so I went ino the event viewer and found an error message that said....service control manager, event call to function failed because access denied??? What exactly does this mean and how can I fix it??? Thank You and sorry for the very long post!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The event id # is 7006 and the source is service control manager. I now have had another blue error screen and it is id #11 and source is plugplaymanager. It seems like anytime I go to load new software it does this. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
I couldn't find much but look up www.eventid.net, this is a good start and since you know what hardware you have you may be able to go further. Post any findings you get and let us know how it works out. We may be able to help you out a little more once we find out more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.