Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
can somebody help,i have recently had a new pc case and now when i try to save stuff to floppy i get an error message saying "Insert Disc"on top of pop-up with this below "Please insert a disc into drive A:"

i have done a google search,been to the microsoft windows site only this error doesnt come up unless i try to save stuff to floppy??i have also checked in device manager to see if drivers needed updated and right clicked update drivers ,only to have reply say cannot find a better match!

theres no green light on floppy so all connected right+its showing on My computer.........just know what else to try ,any suggestions please???

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ dcdd1
Have you tried a new floppy? Have you tried these floppy discs that give you errors in other machines so we can rule out bad floppy discs? Have you tried formatting a floppy in another system and then try to write to it in your system? Are you sure you have the floppy cable correctly inserted into the drive and into the motherboard? It is easy to attach the cable incorrectly...make sure you know where the redline for the #1 pin is and have it properly aligned on your motherboard and your floppy drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Error on floppy!!!!!!

Well i checked everything then no go...so brought to mates to try on his and wait for it.......it blew up lol :4-dontkno

Time for a new one ,but i would like to say thanks to you all for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.