Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when you get the msg ' performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.'.I connect to aol then try to go to microsoft for the windows up,but the screen goes white and then th msg pops up. Then I am no longer online either.Im usng my webtv rite now cause i keep losing my connection. Also Im having trouble removing some programs for more space but it wont let me remove them. Someone gave me the computer so I dont have any discs for the programs. Can I get some advice.E-mail me at [email protected] or/ [email protected]. Thanks in advance Robin

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hey there Robinrow....

dont mean to be rude but I think you should get rid of aohell....Personal experience :angry2:

Looks like you're trying to do the right thing (updating windoze) but that error msg is too general and kinda hard to pinpoint the exact problem. It usually means that the application you're trying to use is not functioning properly. Here's what howstuffworks website says about the error :

Illegal Operation - A microprocessor has a finite number of instructions it understands, and each instruction is represented by a number known as an "opcode". The opcode 43 might mean "add", the opcode 52 might mean "multiply", etc. If the microprocessor is executing a program and comes to an opcode that it does not recognize or that it cannot execute because of the current state it is in, then the microprocessor stops to complain. The operating system handles this complaint by shutting down the offending program. Illegal opcodes normally come from software jumping to a location in memory that does not contain valid program information.
If you want, you can reinstall OS on that pc and start clean... just let us know what you want to do, I think everyone around here can pitch in and help...

hope this helps....
...adios for now most righteous dude(dudess)...

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
One other thing may be your aol is corruct I would uninstall it completely and reinstall a fresh copy that may resolve the erro you should only reload the OS (operating System) if there is no other option. Another option (would perform my first suggestion first) run a full scan disk on the system and see if that correct the issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.