Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have searched several tech forums for answers, found some, but none have fixed my issue.

When I start my computer, I get the black screen with one line across the top saying, "error loading operating system".

I thought by putting the Windows disk in, I could run a recovery. The only option it will allow me to select is to reformat the harddrive. I would like to figure out why I get this message and how to fix it.

If it can't be fixed...I have also tried to make this harddrive a slave to another one. I am able to see the new drive in my computer, but if you click on that drive, it says drive is not formatted. Is there any way I can get the data off of this disk?

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok...so you put in your Windows recovery disks in..and then what did you do? What version of windows to do have? XP? (if so is SP2 installed?) What did you do last before you got this error message? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I put my windows disk in, it gave me 3 options I believe...and I don't remember the exact wording for the 3 options but they were something like: 1. Erase harddrive and reload Windows. 2. Run recovery or fix windows. 3. Exit or quit. I tried to click the option 2 but it would not let me do option 2 because of some ntfs or somthing like that. I can get the exact error when I get home later tonight. It is Windows XP. Not sure which service pack, it is my girlfriends computer I'm trying to fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.