Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my old windows 98 laptop/netbook When ever i launch itit says "Error loading keyboard.drv/KEYBOARD.DRV . You must reinstall windows. I tried but the cd drive nor the floppy drive works. The floppy drive lights up on start but then after a few seconds it shuts off and floppy disks dont go in it any ideas? I also tryed scandisk but the just halts halfway and does it every time going to the boot menu and selecting logging dosent work and sometimes the harddrive justs stops spinningand makes no noise AT ALL
its version is Windows 98 Version 4.10.1998 :sad:

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,788 Posts
Hate to say it, but it looks like the end of the line. Too many apparently unrelated problems.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I assume DOS command line is available? if only you had dos navigator or such and could do a COM to COM file transfer..

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi Jdar2,

You don't have to run on the battery. Does it run on the AC Adaptor? If so then run on the adaptor. When in DOS type "Help" enter for DOS help.

Good Luck, Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jdar2,

You don't have to run on the battery. Does it run on the AC Adaptor? If so then run on the adaptor. When in DOS type "Help" enter for DOS help.

Good Luck, Jim
Yes, i got in the bios its a toshiba 2030ct i think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, i got it hooked up to my desktop, but my desktop decided to go ploopy and not turn on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.