Tech Support banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I turn on my laptop, it keeps giving me a blue screen that says "Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired. The boot configuration Data file is missing some required information. File: \BCD. Error code: 0xc0000034." Any advice on what I can do to fix this? It's a Lenovo 80E3 G50 laptop with Windows 8 OS. Any help is appreciated.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,463 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried following solution 3, but when I plug in a Windows 8 usb and turn on the computer, I dont get the message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”, I just get the blue screen error again.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,463 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,049 Posts
As stated, Restart the computer, press the key to enter Setup (Bios) go to the Boot Tab (picture in solution #1) But Move the USB Flash drive to First Boot Device. Save and Exit. Or you can Press F12 at bootup and choose the Flash Drive for one time change of boot order. It then should boot from the Flash Drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I changed the boot order from BIOS but I still get the blue screen. I tried F12 too with the same result.

·
Premium Member
42,049 Posts
Do you have the burned USB Flash drive in the computer? How did you burn your USB Flash Drive? Where did you get the ISO Image? Did you use the Media Creation Tool?
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to the Boot Tab. Disable Secure Boot (if you have it) What does it say for the first Boot Device? Do you have UEFI Bios?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts