Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I just got a 40 minute call here at this tech support job (the elder didnt know computers well). Got a error 550 Invalid recipient. We deleted and recreated the account and checked the properties twice. We checked the email address that he is sending and it is right. I think it might be for some reason trying to send out of the address book and may be a corruputed address book issue. I called around here at work and no one knows. Transfered to a higher level tech and they didnt know. What is this weird error?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
It sounds like the email address you are sending to is not valid or your not putting in the hole address ie [email protected]

Is the message being sent and then you get the error in your inbox sometime latter? or is it right when you click on the send button?

May have to do with proxy config. if your on a network and dont have a live connection right to your ISP but I doubt it, I would make sure of the address, try sending to other people and see if that works.

Also if you could give the complete error code as far as all number and letters included with the error. Because 550 as a windows error code is not valid, it does pertain to IE but if your using Outlook exp. then thats not right either. ? .

Let me know how it turns out or if you try my ideas and they flop... Ill think of alternate possibilities. <SPELL CHECKER NEEDED> <Hint hint admin.> have all these big words in my head that I cant write because I suck at spelling :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.