Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Error 1935 when Installing VC++ Redistributable 2008 (Possible .Net issues?)

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  usasma 
#1 · (Edited)
I currently have 64 bit Windows Vista Home Premium SP2. I get the following error when I try to install the 64 bit version of the Visual C++ Redistributable package:
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3300/vc2008error.jpg

I tried disabling all of Avast!'s shields (though the Avast processes were still running. I can't disable it no matter what I do), I enabled User Account Control, but that error still occurred. So decided to search around thought it might be a .Net framework 2.0 issue. I tried installing .Net Framework 2.0, but it said that Framework 2.0 was already installed.

I used to have .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed, but I uninstalled that for .Net Framework 4.0. My C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 folder currently looks like this: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3074/netframeworkinstalled.jpg.

Does this mean that .Net Framework 2.0 came with the .Net Framework 4.0 distribution? Is this the only issue involving the 1935 error? The HRESULT value, 0x8007002, also happens to be the same error value that I get when I run Windows Update. Do I really need to do a clean install (I'm using a laptop, so I didn't get any Vista DVD)

Other notes:
I am able to install the x86 version of the VC++ Redist 2008 package just fine.

I also tried cleaning out the registry using CCleaner and creating a new Admin account. Error still persists.

See less See more
#2 ·
#4 ·
My issue with the .NET was with the 2.x version installed on a customer's computer.
We couldn't uninstall it, it just wouldn't come off.

So I uninstalled the .NET 4, then the .NET 3, then the .NET 2, and then the .NET 1 (just for good measure).

No need to reinstall it unless you want to. Either Windows Update or a program that you're using will want it - and then you can reinstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.