Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Itried to install Ntune but keep getting Error 1610. This happens after I get asked if I wish to uninstall it. I can find nothing in the Registry and have tried various 'solutions' in forums all over the Web but have not yet cracked it. Please, can anyone help with this? I'm beginning to think I may have to reinstall XP but this is a step too far!
Ridgewayranger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
That's the whole point, it asks if I want to unload, but there is nothing to unload.I went through the registry and deleted all references to Ntune and Nvidia. There is just nothing there. Baffling me. If I try to load a later version it tells me an earlier version is already installed!
RR

·
Banned
454 Posts
Okay, I've been here before.

First, have you been using Registry Cleaners ? I think this happens a lot when people run them and the Reg Cleaner deletes critical information from the registry that allows programs to be uninstalled.

You can try "Revo Uninstaller", but I don't think that's going to work.

The only option I can think of is a manual uninstall by making registry deletions. The problem is that there is no way to easily explain exactly how to do this, and it's very risky. One wrong deletion and you can permanently mess-up the whole Operating System.

One bit of advice I have is to use "RegSeeker" by Hoversoft (I think that's how it's spelled). It allows you to do text searches of the entire Registry and then presents them all in a common window so that you can see everything all at once and make decisions on what to delete and what to leave alone.

Another bit of advice is to never delete any of the "Legacy" registry entries. I don't know what these are, or why this is true, but everytime I have deleted any of them there have been serious problems as a result, and leaving them alone does not prevent the software you are trying to uninstall from being deleted.

Other than that, you've got to exercise some good judgement. Only delete those entries that are software-specific, and delete the entire key when the key only applies to the software you are trying to uninstall.

Once you've gotten rid of the registry entries, the software ought to allow you to reinstall it, so that you can then uninstall it automatically and permanently, if that is your intention.

There should be some kind of advanced level tutorial on how to do manual uninstallations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.