Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, my computer has an Athlon II X2 245 CPU, a Biostar 880G+ motherboard, 4 GB of RAM, a 1 TB HDD, and an XFX 5750 video card.
Until just a few days ago, the computer was stable. After a moderate (10 MHZ) CPU overclock, however, I haven't been able to play any games without crashes. Every game I've tried has crashed to desktop after a few minutes of gameplay with the error code 0xc0000005. Also, in the brief moments before these games crash, I've noticed that loading times seem longer. In Crysis Warhead, once the loading bar reaches 100%, the screen goes black for about 10 seconds.
I've already tried reseating the RAM and CPU, and of course, I rest the clock speed to default after the first crash. The RAM went through 2 passes in Memtest without any errors, and no HDD errors were detected in chkdsk either. The computer also went through 3 hours of OCCT without crashing. I completely reinstalled Windows 7, but the game crashes have persisted. I've already had to return the graphics card to its manufacturer twice. Only a month ago, I bought a new motherboard and power supply to ensure that they wouldn't damage the video card. This computer has really been more depressing and frustrating than it's worth.
If anyone has idea of how I might fix this, I would appreciate it.

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anything else I should try? It's probably also worth mentioning that my PC crashed while watching a youtube video yesterday. The error message was "the instruction at 0x58171b27 referenced memory at 0x00000022. The memory could not be read."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.