Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I am very new to this. :) I am using Windows 98SE. I would like to know how you erase the words you have previously searched for. When I go to find files and folders and even on the MSN home page everytime I make a new search this little box opens up with words from previous searches in it and it's very long and it's driving me crazy. :D I have deleted the history and temp folders and that didn't work. If anyone knows and would explain it to me as simply as possible I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Hello, and welcome to our forum!
You should try going to (on internet explorer) Tools/Internet Options/Content/Auto Complete/Clear Forms... and check off all the things you want cleared. This should do it. ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome DJ Specs.

It worked! I am so happy now. :D

Thanks a bunch.

Kellie :winking:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
one more point...

if on the drop down you click the one you want to delete and highlight it...you can then hit the delete button on the keyboard and only the one you want gone will go..:|

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't know that, Thank you Doonz!

I do search for the same things again sometimes and it's ok if they stay there. :)

Can I ask another question in this same thread? If I can't just tell me and I will make a new one.

I was wondering how can I get rid of the automatic bookmarks that Windows put in the favorites part. It's a long list. They are under channels and media and links. Can I remove these some how and still keeps the ones I have saved?

Thanks for any help.

Kellie :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.