Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a printer for the house from CompUSA, I got the Epson Stylus NX420 Series, The printer did not come with the USB which is fine since I had planned to use the Wireless on the printer hence why I picked up the wireless printer.

Anyway I setup the printer and save my Wireless WEP key into the printer and the green light lights up to say it has connected to the network.

When walking into the computer room from the bed room I find that both computers reported that they had lost connection to the network and while installing the software both computers are disconnecting and notice the router seams to be turning off or restarting since the power light goes red

Ofc I assume something is up with my provider and install the printer drivers on the computers and they find the printer and all is good, as soon as I turn the printer off the internet stops connecting, I left the printer off for the past 2 days and everything has been fine today I turn it back on and within 2mins all 3 computers lost there connection, I have no idea on were to start looking for this rather strange problem

Hardware:

3 Computers 1 printer, 1 Hub

Computer Room has 2 computers connected to the Verizon Hub via Ethernet cables.

Bed Room.
1 Computer connected to the Verizon via Wireless with a Netgear 54 Mbpz Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter WG111v2 for Windows Media center for Tv and Music

Also the printer is in there too connected to the wireless Verizon Hub

all systems are running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850) all drivers updated

The printer is installed on one computer in the Computer room all computers are connected to the Windows 7 Home-group with music, pictures and video and printer sharing turned on

Attachments

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
Odd indeed. As the printer seems to be affecting the router (it shouldn't), I would start with the router. It may be worth investigating a firmware update.

You may want to post in the Network board and see if someone has a better idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.