Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Epson Perfection 1250. The computer it was on was recently replaced with a much newer computer, but I'm fairly certain that is not at issue as I have tried it on two different computers. Here's the problem. Everything I scan now in color comes out with a yellow hue. This happened sometime in the last several months, perhaps after moving (yes, it is barely used). I'm guessing this is hardware-related and I need a new scanner, but I would like this verified. I have tried it on two different computers, with two different operating systems (Win XP Home/Pro, and 98, so actually three OSes if you count the different XP installations- one computer has a dual boot) and two different TWAIN driver versions from your website. The scanner is an old Perfection 1250. The new computer has USB2, the other USB1.1. Through MS Office imaging I have tried both the Perfection driver and the TWAIN5 driver. The same problem shows up every time which is why I suspect the scanner. I am also looking for tips to repair it myself if possible since it is long out of warranty.

By the way, both B&W and greyscale scanning work fine, but I guess that's expected with a color problem. Paint programs can remove the color but then I'm left with a greyscale image. It would be nice to be able to scan in color again.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Most scanners are so cheap now that they are hardly worth fixing. You have ruled out software problems.

Sounds like it's time to retire this one and get a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.