Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Epson 890 is not aligning. I tried the to reconfigure this via the support docs on epson but every time I try to reset it up or down it beeps like it has gone to the setup limit. How to I reconfigure this or reset the print to the default setting to start from scratch. We are printing W2 forums?

HELP!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Try looking for a master reset on the back of the printer, then on the printer menu you should have the option to re-align the heads. Try it.

I had a problem with my Epson a while back, the heads werent re-aligning at all, after doing so through the printer, the computer and resetting.

How much re you printing at a time?

How old is the printer?

How used is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how old it is, I will have to look for a date.

It's only printing one W-2 at a time.

It's used anywhere from 30-50 times a day.

I'll look for that reset button.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
273 Posts
From what you've told me, I think you need to look at getting a new printer. My Epson was used no more than 10 times a day, for 3 years. And then it clapped out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Common failure problem with "end of useful product life" and no parts available. You can sometimes dissemble them and find clips that have popped off. Then a good cleaning with a cleaning solution, then denatured alcohol, and you are back in business.
These newer units are proof that the Epson company of old has died off. We have the same philosophy of disposable printers as Dell, LexMark, and Canon, (Soon to be HP)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.