Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone no any other way to enter the bios set-up screen for the Asus p4c800ed using a dos start-up disk or a windows98 se startup disk. I have no video during boot up just colored vertical lines. I have even tried flashing back to the bios on the cd and the problem is still there. I have been told might be the Asus v9950 video card. I believe that is it but I have tried an older card PCI that is doing the same thing?

I am stuck, cannot update bios set-up and system clock is out of synch which has locked me out of XP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same new P4C800-E Deluxe mb and V9950 graphic card. Pressing DEL during POST took me right to the BIOS set up screens. No video problems, settings or jumpers to worry about.

Check your video connections. You might try another monitor. But it does sound like the V9950 video card is the culprit.

Now if I can only get the audio to work.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Note to others: wawillia means DELETE, not DEL. DEL is on the numeric keyboard (wi the dot) and doesn't work for entering Setup, far as I know.

wawillia, my audio (from Asus website) works fine. If you need help, better start your own new thread so it'll have a related title that others can locate. Tell us all about your audio setup and what's plugged into what. In a new thread.

-clintfan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.