Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with a computer running XP Pro SP2 that endlessly reboots. I can't even get into safe mode now.

First, I made the mistake of running a free version of RegistryFix which was suppose to only have fixed orphaned/empty shortcuts and fonts. After I rebooted the computer it gave a generic "Windows had a problem booting and go into safe mode" message (I did not write down nor do I remember the exact message). Next, I restored the lasted restore point which was successful but I still could not boot normally. I went into safe mode again and restored the restore point before the last one. Successful but still wouldn't let me boot normally.

Second, I made the mistake of doing a Windows Repair. That was when the endless rebooting began.

Is there anything that can be done short of a complete reinstall of Windows?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well in this situation there is nothing i know of doing besides reformting your hard drive and reinstalling windows. The reson behind this is that you have probably corrupted your registry beond the point of repair. I have senn this happen before and i have did it myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.