Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a problem with user32.dll file, so windows cant load it just reboot itself over and over.
Think i have to do a repair, but i dont have a XP CD.

I have windows XP Professional. Anyone here know whats the best way to get the system to work again?

Can i download something that can make a system repair. I dont want anything to be deleted from harddisk, some stuff can be, but some things I want left. The Recovery system deletes all files i understood, but u can get them back from a backup, but I dont have any so thats a bad idea.
I think repair install is the right thing..

So what can i download to get the computer running again, without loosing to much data.

new XP CD, or is their any smaller/better program just for this.

System User32.dll file has been moved in primary memory.?.. the program wont run. the move of the file depends on DAM took up a memory adress that had been reserved for windows DLL system files.
bad translation but i hope u understand.

I downloaded Uxtheme.dll and replaced it over the old one because I had installed new skins (they said it would make them visible) After that i restarted and got an error. This time with User32.dll, windows didnt load into deskop just saw the backround. Could start program on a way though. I then downloaded and replaced user32.dll and when i restart now, windows dont load. Just restarts over and over.

The error number is

Stop: c0000269

Give this problem a try on this forum, some text is copied that why its bad texted. But it describes the problem anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whosdat said:
welcome

without a xp disk its a tough call

can you get to safe mode and try a system restore?
I can choose safe mode, but same thing happend. It just restarts.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
If you have a floppy drive, you can download setup floppies that will get you into the repair console xp setup disks From there, you may be able to run winnt.exe or winnt32.exe from the i386 folder, if you have one. CAUTION: I don't know if this will run a repair install or a full install. Maybe someone else knows

·
1,438 Posts
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-371454.php
Most people experiencing this have AMD cpu's. It may be a
problem with DEP. You could try turning off DEP and see if the problem goes
away. This is a bandaid fix and doesn't solve the problem. If turning off
DEP works there is a deeper problem with a program somewhere in the system.
See the following link for info about DEP and how to turn it off.

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;875352

Kerry
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875352

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. have tried some thing now. Installed a XP CD, but when i tried to boot from it nothing happens. " boot from atapi CD ROM" then nothing happens. Maybe something is wrong with that CD. will try another one soon again.

Anyway, i managed to copy user32.dll from XP CD to harddisk. After that I still have problem with the file. checksum error or something. Is their anyway to fix a correct user32.dll file? :4-dontkno
This idiot file, hate it. :upset:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.