Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

Please help me with this. I accedenatlly hit windows explorer end process in the task manager window and I thought restarting the laptop will bring everything back to normal. But everytime I restart I get NOTHING on my screen. Its all black .. I donno what to do . . please help!! Its a HP pavilion dv9000. operating system XP home. Thanks.

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete keys all at the same time and Task Manager should open.
In Task Manager, click File >> New Task (Run).
Type explorer.exe in the box then click 'OK'.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pip22,

My screen is completely black .. nothing on it.. computer turns on but screen is black so I have no way to to see anything???please help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just did that but nothing?? its pitch black?? cant believe this?? all i did was ended process for windows explorer and my screen is dead???

·
Registered
40,748 Posts
Is the computer starting (ie) do you hear the fans spinning, power light on etc just nothing on the monitor? If you don't show any activity on the laptop, pull the battery and run it on just the power adapter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I hear the fan spinning , all the lights coming on just no response on the monitor and looks like the keyboard is not connecting with monitor as well cuz i press CAP tab on and Numeric lock button on and the lights for thoose doesnt come on...ddont know what to do...thanks for everyones help...

·
Registered
40,748 Posts
pull the battery and run it on just the power adapter.
What is the make and model# of your laptop? when you hook it up to the external monitor, did you try pressing the FN Key to toggle between displays?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.