Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have been searching not only this site, but other sites for encryption software. I was wondering if anyone would know of a program that would encrypt (password) not only files on my computer but things such as accessing control panel and such. I had someone try to add themselves as a new user on my computer and I don't know how to password protect that so I thought maybe someone would. Or someone would know of a good program to help me out with this. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Have you assigned an Administrator password to both your OS and your BIOS? That would be the simplest things first. In this day and age no one should have a computer that does not have an Administrator account. It's just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am the computer admin. Though, when I'm on my name someone can get on my computer when I step out for two secs and make there own profile. How do I password protect that?

·
Registered
310 Posts
use the Windows lock feature. This will prevent people from accessing your computer w/o the password.

'Window' key + L

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
In this day and age no one should have a computer that does not have an Administrator account. It's just asking for trouble...
The second half to this idea is that the Admin account should ALWAYS be password-protected, and should NEVER be used as the routine, every day account, even if the Administrator is the User. Nor should the boot default to the Admin account.

This is worth reading about and using if it suits your needs.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Lockdown/Microsoft-Private-Folder.shtml

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in a dorm room, and well my friend gets on my computer some times for fun, and well sometimes he likes to be funny and do dumb stuff so I was wondering if there's something that I can do to encrypt getting to my control panel and user accounts? Without windows key + L.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Simple ...

Never leave your computer unless you do a "Switch User" via the logoff prompt.

Activate the Guest account and let them use that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, alright. I guess there isn't a program that can help me out then huh? Thank you all though. You can close this thread. sorry...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.