Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone; I went from msn to juno as an isp. i lost stuff in the transfer and when i tried to get into netflix for example, i got a message that said something about netflix using some kind of encryption, possibly 128 bit.
I PULLED UP THE HELP MENU AND TYPED IN SOMETHING ABOUT ENCRYPTION. IT TOOK ME TO A PLACE IN A "TREE: (SUBTITLES) THAT ALSO SAID SOMETHING ABOUT "TRAPS". MY DESKTOP NOW NO LONGER CONNECTS TO THE ISP. (i AM USING MY OLD LAPTOP RIGHT NOW). I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO GO TO GET BACK TO THAT SECTION TO UNDO WHAT I DID AND MY HELP MENU THAT USE TO HAVE LITTLE SQUARES THAT WOULD SAY, CLICK HERE TO OPEN TROUBLESHOOTER OR, CLICK HERE TO OPEN MODEM TROUBLESHOOTER ARE NOW BLANKS BUT TEXT IS THERE. HOWEVER, THE TEXT GIVES ME NO HELP AT ALL.
I GUESS I HAVE LEARNED TO LEAVE EVERYTHING ALONE FROM NOW ON.
I NEED HELP AND SURE DO APPRECIATE ANY I CAN GET. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. HAMER

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi Hamer

Have you contacted Juno about your connection problems yet? Your ISP is the best place to start for such issues: they know the details of the software you are using, and how it is known to interact with others. And you are already paying them good money for this service.

Most browsers do not have encryption issues, if you use a reasonably recent version. Let Juno support know what version of the software you installed, and they should be able to resolve the issue fairly easily.

As far as the loss of your troubleshooters -- I'm not sure which troubleshooters you are referring to. Are these those that are built into Windows? Or some that came with either your MSN or Juno installations? [Most ISPs do bundle software that offers to try to automatically setup the connections for your computer, and troubleshoot when things aren't working].

At any rate, try the first step of contacting Juno. If they feel that Windows has been impaired, come back here & we'll take it from there.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU MR. GARY
THAT GOT RESOLVED AND NOW I STILL HAVE JUNO BUT AM ALSO USING VERIZON DSL.
I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU A LOT FOR YOUR HELP.
SINCERELY, JIM (HAMER) :pray:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.